Thursday, February 23, 2017

First Day in San Francisco

Hello Readers!
My dad and I pulled into San Jose last night and got settled into my Great Aunt's house. I commuted over to UCSF today for a quick meeting with my advisor, Matt. Plans for research are pretty much still the same: focus on finishing piano cognition project. In the next couple days I'm just going to finish reading the Python book just to get the main concepts of programming. Once I'm finished, the first step will be to analyze what type of mistake I made when I was shocked: Substitution, Addition, Deletion or Slowing Down. Substitution is when I completely missed the right note. Addition is when I smushed two notes together, one of which is wrong. Deletion is when I just skipped over a note, or "deleted" it. And Slowing Down is when I delayed. The two most frequent mistakes were Substitution and Slowing Down. After  annotation, the next step will be to look at where in the brain was shocked when I made the mistakes and see if any type of mistake was made when a specific part was shocked. I'll print out several pictures of my brain and just circle where was shocked for each different type of mistake. Hopefully, there are specific parts that lead to certain mistakes. Either way the data will be interesting!
Till next time,
Dylan

1 comment: